Join Harewood House for a festive family experience in the home of Father & Mrs Christmas, and be warmed by all its sweet magic, making the merriest of memories to treasure.
This is a magical family encounter with Father Christmas, accompanied this year by Mrs Christmas and Candy the elf, to add extra seasonal sparkle.
Your journey begins with a cheery visit to Father Christmas’ cottage, where you’ll be met with a very warm welcome from Mrs Christmas, followed by an encounter filled with interactive stories and songs, a photo opportunity with Father Christmas and a personalised traditional gift for every child.
Your Christmas experience doesn’t stop there – there’s lots more fun to be had! Explore the magical, mischievous installations in the main House, both on the State Floor and Below Stairs, and discover how the House and its contents come alive after dark. If you have booked an experience for after 4pm, make sure you allow time to visit the House and Grounds before you visit Father Christmas.
There’s also a special treasure hunt around the House, and a programme of festive family activity throughout the whole of Harewood.
End your visit toasting marshmallows in the Courtyard, enjoy a tasty hot chocolate, or taking in the enchanting Christmas lights on the grand Terrace.
• Christmas experience in Father Christmas’ Cottage
• Interactive stories and songs with Mrs Christmas and Father Christmas
• Photo opportunity
• Personalised gift
• Access to Harewood House and grounds, with the opportunity to explore the Christmas installations on the State Floor and Below Stairs, and partake in programme of festive family activities across the site
How do I book?
All bookings for Father Christmas can be done via our online Box Office. Click here to book.
How much are tickets?
- Tickets are priced at £20 per child/£15 per child member (no minimum age) for the 30-minute experience. Each time slot has a maximum of 15 children plus their accompanying adults.
- This Experience includes entry tickets to the House and Park for the booked child/children. Accompanying adults must purchase entrance tickets to Harewood or hold a valid Harewood membership. Tickets can be pre-purchased here or purchased on the day at the entrance barrier.
- Children must be accompanied at all times. They can accommodate up to 2 adults per child only into the experience.
- Christmas at Harewood is free for Harewood members, however, members will need to purchase tickets for Father Christmas experience. If you would like to become a Harewood Member please call 0113 218 1000.
Useful Information on arrival
The Father Christmas experience will be taking place in Terrace Cottage, which is located along the path way next to the Adventure Playground.
Please make your way to the meeting point outside Terrace Cottage 10 minutes before the start time of your experience. Candy the Elf will be there to greet you.
What dates are available?
The following dates:
- Saturday 30 November
- Sunday 1 December
- Saturday 7 December
- Sunday 8 December
- Saturday 14 December
- Sunday 15 December
Date and time slots are subject to availability and will be sold on a first-come-first-served basis.
They also have our Festive Music and Merriment Father Christmas Experience taking place on the following dates:
- Saturday 21 December
- Sunday 22 December
- Monday 23 December
- Tuesday 24 December
What times are available?
For each date, there are time slots available at 10am, 10.45am, 11.30am, 12.15pm, 1pm, 2.15pm, 3pm, 3.45pm and 4.30pm.
You will need to select your time slot at the point of booking.
Time and dates slots are subject to availability and will be sold on a first-come-first-served basis. Each time slot has a maximum of 15 children plus their 2 accompanying adults.
I’m a Harewood member, do I need to pay?
Yes, At Home with Mr & Mrs Christmas and additional activities such as Wreath Making are not included in your membership.
The Christmas at Harewood event and access to the park are included free as part of your membership.
Does this include the Christmas at Harewood event?
Yes, this child ticket includes access to our Christmas at Harewood event. Christmas at Harewood tickets will need to be purchased for any accompanying adults, in order to gain access to the site.
These adult tickets can be pre-purchased online here or on the day at the entrance barrier.
At peak times there may be queues to enter the grounds. Please leave enough time to make sure you arrive promptly for the experience.
Can I change my booking or get a refund?
Bookings are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Due to the popularity of this experience, they can only allow access for visitors into the Father Christmas’ Cottage at their allotted time. Unfortunately, if your time slots are missed, they will not be able to rearrange your experience tickets.