Explore the beautiful surroundings of the Worth Valley and discover the charm of travelling on a heritage steam train.
With a variety of locomotives based at the KWVR, most of which can be viewed by visitors, local history abounds at the railway and harks back to a bygone era. Board the steam train and enjoy the sound of the engine climbing the steep sides of the valley, while great clouds of steam and smoke add drama to the scene.
- Take a ride on our collection of amazing vintage locomotives and carriages
- Loads of things to do, experts to talk to and hands on fun
- Explore Rail Story our two award winning museums at Ingrow West
- Engage in some fantastic family fun and activities during the holidays
- Visit a living film set. In 1970 filming of The Railway Children took place at the railway.
- Discover the home of the famous Brontë sisters, and learn how they were inspired by the stunning landscapes of the area
- Hop on & off the train, exploring the surrounding area
- Trains run throughout the year and daily in school holidays
Whether you’re an enthusiast or a casual visitor, the KWVR offers a wonderful day out for the whole family. Throughout the year the Railway has plenty of special events lined up, along with ‘Special Experiences’ such as Footplate Experiences and more.
Opening times – every weekend throughout the summer and daily in school holidays.
Visit the KWVR website for timetable information or call 01535 645 214.
Events at Keighley & Worth Valley Railway