The mesmerising park at Branton, near Doncaster, is home to more than 400 animals from 70 species, including Amur Leopards and Tigers, Painted Hunting Dogs, Black Rhinos, some very special Ussuri Brown Bears and the country’s only Polar bears.
The park takes visitors on a walk- through adventure over 100 acres of unrivalled reserves including Lemur Woods, Wallaby Walkabout, South America, Land of the Tiger, Leopard Heights and Project Polar.
Yorkshire Wildlife Park has also recently welcomed the arrival of endangered Ussuri Brown Bears into the park’s new Rehabilitation Centre. The bears were carefully transported from Japan, where they had been kept in cramped concrete floored cages. They are now thriving in their new Yorkshire home!
The innovative park offers amazing indoor and outdoor play areas, a full programme of ranger talks and feeding times, a variety of food outlets and the Safari Village which has its own café, the Safari Store and a range of boutique shops offering gift shopping opportunities, including VIP experiences and the chance to adopt an animal.
The weather proof Monkey Play Barn gives children the chance to enjoy three levels of play with a range of climbing frames, dens, slides and rope bridges while adults can relax with a coffee.
YWP and its Foundation host regular educational events to raise awareness of the issue of endangered species and work on a variety of international conversation programmes.
Established at the Wildlife Park in 2013, the Foundation has worked with many animal welfare causes ranging from Giraffes, to one of the world’s most endangered mammals, the Blue-Eyed Black Lemur.
YWP is the UK’s fastest growing wildlife attraction, offering families an entertaining and educational day out.
- See YWP’s unique animal collection also includes Lions, Black Rhinos and Giant Otters
- Huge indoor play area with views of the Baboon Reserve, the Monkey Play House and the amazing Zoom Super Slide Barn
- Warm up in the Safari Café, where regional food is championed and browse the shops in the Safari Village in the courtyard before the main Park entrance
- Exciting year-round education programmes and exciting events
- Visitors can experience their unique packages such as ‘Behind the Scenes VIP Tours’, ‘Ranger for a Day’ and Junior Ranger
For more information visit the Yorkshire Wildlife Park website or call 01302 535 057.
Events at Yorkshire Wildlife Park