Visit National Coal Mining Museum this Summer – there’s so much to do, you may need to visit more than once!
Find out why visitors rank NCMME Number One Thing To Do in West Yorkshire on Trip Advisor.
- Travel 140m underground with a miner as your guide on one of their unique tours.
- Explore the Museum, exhibitions and original colliery buildings
- Visit the stableyard and meet their horses and horsekeepers
- Meet one of their Living History Characters & learn more about the coalmining heritage #LearnSomethingNew
- Climb & play on their fab adventure playground
- Explore their Nature Trail
- Take the ‘Seaside Special’ train ride to Hope Pit and visit their Beach!
- Giant sandpit with deckchairs (buckets & spades available to purchase on site)
- Family craft activities Monday-Friday from 12.30pm
- Beach Hut throughout the Summer @ Hope Pit selling delicious summer treats & ice cream