Bubbles are usually round as they use a minimum amount of surface area needed to enclose the volume of air trapped inside. However, there is a way to create a square bubble!
You will need: washing up liquid and water, bucket or large container, 8 pipe cleaners, 12 straws, scissors.
- Fill your bucket with water and put in plenty of washing up liquid to make your bubble solution.
- Start to make your square bubble maker by bending and twisting your pipe cleaner to make a “corner shape”.
- Get an adult to help out shopping your straws in half – they need to be a little bit shorter than the edges of your cube.
- Slide your half straws over the lengths of your “corner shape”. Repeat 8 times until you have 8 corners.
- Assemble your cube by twisting the free edges of the pipe cleaners together.
- Submerge your bubble maker in the bubble solution and pull it out gently.
- Give it a little shake and a square bubble should form in the middle, attached to the edges by some pyramid- shaped bubbles!
See here for a visual aid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V7uEaxWh20